Music is an integral part of life. For millennia, music has been a form of entertainment and one of the many elements of culture and religion. And, to this day, we still listen and enjoy music as if our life depends on it.
With internet technology, producing and streaming music has never been more convenient and accessible. We can now put our very own compositions on various music streaming platforms and listen to our favorite songs through our favorite music apps.
However, we still need to go online to stream music. What if you’re stuck in a place with no internet connection? Can you download music and enjoy it offline? Well, yes, of course. Here’s a guide on how to download music from your favorite music apps.
How to Download Music from Spotify
Spotify is among the most popular music streaming services today. It has a vast collection of music from different genres, and you can even stream podcasts through this app. If you have a premium account, you can also download your favorite tunes and listen to them offline without those annoying ads that interrupt your streaming experience.
Here are the steps on how to download music from Spotify:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Go to the album or playlist you want to download.
- Tap the Download button to download a playlist or an album.
- Once you see a green arrow next to the music you’re downloading, it means that the download is going on.
- After you finish downloading, go to the Home menu.
- Tap Settings and then tap Playback.
- Switch on the Offline option.
- Enjoy your favorite songs without an internet connection.
Downloading Favorite Tracks from Soundcloud
Established in August 2007, Soundcloud has been a great platform for artists to share their music with their fans. This music streaming service offers both free and paid music subscriptions.
If you want to listen to your favorite music while on the go, it’s better to subscribe to its monthly and yearly Pro plan or upgrade to its Pro Unlimited membership. You can also subscribe to Soundcloud Go or Go+ for you to download tracks on your mobile device.
Take note that not all songs from Soundcloud are downloadable unless the artist allows their listeners to download it. Also, you can only download one track at a time. Here are the steps to download content from Soundcloud.
- Open Soundcloud.
- Click on the More tab.
- Look for the Download File option and tap.
- Wait for your download to finish.
You can also use a Soundcloud music downloader to download songs from the music streaming service. Most of them allow you to copy the URL of the track and paste it on the downloader.
How to Download Songs from Apple Music
Apple Music is one of the biggest music streaming platforms right now. This music streaming service boasts a library of over 60 million songs. It also has incredible features, such as the lyrics view feature, for a greater listening experience.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download content from Apple Music:
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, Android, or computer devices.
- Add a music track or album to your library by tapping the Add button.
- Select a song or album from your library and tap the Download button.
- Enjoy your downloaded songs offline.
Downloading Songs from Amazon Music Unlimited
Amazon Music Unlimited is a music streaming platform that has an extensive music library of over 50 million songs. It has a 3-month free trial, but if you want to have unlimited access to music tracks without ads and download content from it, you can subscribe to its monthly paid subscription.
If you want to download music from Amazon Music Unlimited, follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon Unlimited Music app.
- Choose the track, playlist, or album you want to download.
- Tap the More options menu and select Download.
- Enjoy your music offline.
How to Download Music from Tidal
Tidal is an excellent music streaming platform to listen to music with high-fidelity sound. Although it’s a relatively streaming service, it already has over 60 million songs and music videos. You can also download music tracks, playlists, and albums. This app is available to iPhone and Android devices.
Here are the steps on how to download music from your Tidal app:
- Open the Tidal app.
- Search for the track, album, or playlist you want to download.
- Tap the Download toggle near the top.
- Switch to Offline Mode.
- Enjoy your music offline.
A lot of music apps today allow users to download their favorite music and listen to them offline. Take note of this guide to enjoy listening to music without an internet connection and while you’re on the go.