The Kodi is a free, open-source media player and online streaming service that runs on multiple platforms including Android, iOS and Windows. You will find here not only movies and TV shows but also podcasts, music and images. The Kodi app allows you to play media from both your local and internet-based storages. To make the experience even better, you can install Add-ons that will give you access to online media sources for TV shows, Music, movies, Cartoons, Sports and much more. You can even download contents from the app. Moreover, the Kodi app also lets you record videos and play them using a video camera.
Downloading Kodi for Android
Fortunately, the Google Play Store offers the Kodi app. In case, it gives you nay server errors or other troubles, you can download the Kodi APK version
- Make sure that you go to Settings →Security →Unknown sources and enable it.
- Visit the Kodi official site and download lick on the link provided for Android devices to start the download.
- Tap on the APK file once the download is complete.
- The installation wizard will now appear on your screen asking you for a bunch of permissions.
- To allow all those permissions, click “Next”.
- Click “Install” finally to complete the procedure.
Note that before you download the app; acquaint yourself with the architecture of your phone’s processor. Accordingly, download the APK file- ARM or x86.
Downloading Kodi for iOS
Unfortunately, iOS does not support Kodi. To run it on your iOS devices, you are to have a jailbroken iDevice with iOS 6.0 or above. Only this will let you download the app from the Kodi official site. You could also use third-party app installers although t comes with a bunch of malware that could pose some serious security risks.
Downloading Kodi for Mac
- Head over to the official Kodi.tv website.
- Select “Download” from the menu on the top right side of the page.
- Choose MacOS.
- Click on the 64-bit installer file.
- Once the download procedure is complete, drag and drops it to the Applications folder and you are good to go.
- Downloading Kodi for Windows
There are two methods to download Kodi app on your PCs:
Setup file download
- Visit the official site and click on the link provided.
- The previous click will take you to two other links.
- Hit on the Installer tab to start the setup file download.
- Once complete, tap on it to open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Windows Store method
- Go to the Windows Store on your PC.
- Search for Kodi and click on it.
- You will get redirected to its download page.
- Hit the “free” tab to start the download.
- Create a Microsoft account if you do not have one and log in.
- Once the download is complete, feel free to launch it.
Kodi.tv could become your go-to entertainment channel with its plethora of contents.