You sit down to watch your favorite videos on YouTube and there comes the ads that take up a good few seconds of your time! Really annoying, isn’t it?
Up until now, unless you were subscribed to YouTube Red or Google Play Music, you had no other choice but to watch these ads.
Another way to keep away the ads is by installing the Xposed framework that modifies your YouTube app and prevents it from showing any ads. However, both these options are not feasible for many people.
Fortunately, nowadays, there are many ways to overcome this irritating problem on your Android device so that you get to watch the videos without the ads coming in between.
To download some apps, you’ll need a PC connected to the internet. The downloaded apps can then be copied to your Android device with the help of Android USB Drivers and then installed.
Here Are 3 Ways To Block YouTube Ads On Android:
Method 1: Install The CygeryAdskip App:
The best way to block those infuriating YouTube ads is to use the CygeryAdSkip app. Since it’s not possible to download and install the app directly, you’ll need to get it from the source.
This can be done by installing the XDA Labs App. Another method is to visit the developer’s thread on XDA and sideload CygeryAdSkipby downloading the APK.
The steps for installing the CygeryAdSkip app are as follows:
- First,download the XDA labs app. Using this app, it is possible to download any third-party application on your Android device easily.
- Once you’ve installed XDA Labs, go to Apps tab and then search for CygeryAdSkip for YouTube. Select the result that comes on the top of the list.
- Press the download button that can be found in the middle of the screen.
- After downloading the app successfully, tap the install button.
- Once the installation is complete, the accessibility plugin needs to be enabled. When the app is started,you’ll be asked to enable the accessibility service. Just tap OK and select CygeryAdSkip service.
- If you want, you can also enable the mute during the ad option. However, keep in mind that enabling this feature may delay the detection of ads.
There you have it! Now you’re all set to watch videos on YouTube without the ads interrupting.
Method 2: Use An Adblock Browser:
This is one of the easiest methods to block YouTube ads on Android devices. Simply install this browser and then browse YouTube mobile through it.
With the help of the Adblock enabled browser, you can browse and play videos on YouTube without the ads.
Let’s see how you can use this browser for watching ads-free YouTube videos:
- Before you install the Adblock browser, make sure to clear up the default settings of YouTube to avoid the video links from being opened through the app.
- To do this, go to Settings, select the Application option and tap the YouTube app from the list of installed apps. Now, tap the Clear data option to clear the default settings of your YouTube app.
- Go to Google Play Store and download the Adblock Browser. Install the app once the download is complete.
- After installing the app, open it, go to the YouTube site, and start browsing your favourite videos without the intrusion of any ads.
Method 3: Install DNS66 App:
Another easy way to block the YouTube ads on Android is using external applications such as the DNS66 app.
The process is very simple and consists of installing the app, configuring it, and then using it with YouTube. Here are the steps in detail:
- To install the DNS66 app, first, go to Settings – > Security – > Installation from “Unknown Sources” and toggle it to ON.
- Visit the f-droid.org site and download the latest version of the APK. Once the download is complete, install the app on your Android device.
- After successful installation, launch the app and turn off the iPv6.
- Toggle On “Watch Connection” and go to the Hosts Tab located near the Start tab. Now turn on the “Filter Hosts” and “hp Hosts’ Ad & Tracking Servers”.
- Now tap the Start button in the DNS66 app. A one-time VPN connection request may pop up. Click Ok. That’s just about it!
- Launch the YouTube App and start watching ad-free videos.
YouTube is undoubtedly one of the most popular platforms for watching videos, tutorials, and music. We all use this app, and we all love it. But the only thing that stands in the way of users having a great viewing experience is the ads.
Now that you know how to get rid of these ads, you can start enjoying your favorite YouTube videos without any ad interruptions!