As far as Smartphone OEMsgo, Micromax tops the list. It makes for a wonderful alternative to HTC, Sony, or Samsung for that matter. The Micromax Canvas line has great looking body and truly impressive specs, at a darn good price at that. Specs? 1.3GHz quad core processor MTK 6582M with Mali 400 GPU, Android 4.2 Jelly bean OS, 4GB storage and 512MB RAM.A 5-inch screen with 16M colors on FWVGA 854 x 480 pixel resolution. There’s a 5MP fixed focus camera plus a 720p video recording camera, and a 4000 mAh marathon battery!
Of course, once you get hold of the Micromax A96 Canvas Power, you’ll want to root it. And before you start looking for accurate info on how to root Micromax Canvas Power A96, we’re bringing it to you first. So here you go – read on and root on!
Before You Root Micromax Canvas Power A96
We highly recommend that you heed the following warnings before you root Micromax Canvas Power A96:
- Android doesn’t really approve of rooting their smartphones; this means once you root your phone’s OS, you’ll be voiding the warranty on it.
- Also, once you root your phone and install custom ROM on it, you will not be receiving any official firmware updates.
- Take a backup of the info you’ve got on your phone before you root your Micromax Canvas Power A96.
How to root Micromax Canvas Power A96
Follow the steps given below on how to root Micromax Canvas Power A96. Don’t deviate from the steps given and try anything else. We will not be responsible for the results you achieve.
- Charge your Micromax A96 Canvas Power smartphone. Charge battery power up to at least 80% before you root the phone.
- Locate the USB Drivers for Micromax A96 Canvas Power online. Download them and install them on your computer. Important: Make sure you have not attached your phone’s USB to the computer at this point.
- Download the Micromax A96 Canvas Power root kit directly on to your computer.
- At this point, you can go ahead and connect your Micromax A96 Canvas Power smartphone to your computer.
- Once you’re done with that, open your smartphone’s root folder (you’ll find it on your Micromax A96 Canvas Power’s external storage)
- Copy the root kit that you downloaded previously and paste it into the root folder
- Now it’s time to disconnect your smartphone’s USB cord from your computer.
- Go ahead and reboot your Micromax A96 Canvas Power smartphone
- Install the root kit and run it from your Micromax A96 Canvas Power.
- Open the root kit app and click the Boromir button to begin the rooting process. Wait till it completes successfully.
- After the rooting process is over, it’s time to reboot your smartphone manually. You’re now ready to flash your custom ROM!